Tuesday, November 25, 2008

road trip


oakland california
Originally uploaded by alicethelma
I guess I forgot to tell my loyal audience that I was going on the road for a week. Yes, I'm in California to celebrate Thanksgiving with family. I've got lots of family here. They're all over the SF Bay Area. I also see this as a great opportunity to capture some Bay Area landmarks at night but have so far been thwarted by the weather - it threatened to rain, but didn't - and other factors. This evening I drove all the way into Oakland to shoot the Fox Theater but because it's in the middle of rennovations it wasn't lit up and the street was so severely torn up, there was nowhere to park.

As I was driving down one of the many detours, I spied the Greyhound Bus Station. Perfect! I suppose the moral of the story is to remain open. Things don't always work out the way we want them to, despite our best efforts, but often better (or at least different) than we expect.

As the Rolling Stones say, "You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you might find
You get what you need."

No comments: